"Police say rockets fired from Sinai fell on city's salt pools area, not in sea as previously reported. Egyptian source confirms rockets fired by Gaza terrorists.
Contrary to earlier reports, the two rockets that fell in the Eilat and Aqaba region on Monday landed in the salt pools area and not in the sea as previously suggested, Southern District Police Commander Yohanan Danino said Wednesday. Danino, speaking at a press conference, emphasized that recent events had placed the southern city on the list of areas threatened by terror.
Also Wednesday, Egyptian security sources confirmed the rockets were fired from the Sinai Peninsula and claimed that armed Palestinians from Gaza were responsible."
- Hamas denies Eilat rocket attacks
- Analysis: Israel, Jordan fighting terror
- Rockets explode in Eilat, Aqaba; casualties in Jordan
- Jordanian man dies in rocket attack on Eilat area
- Egypt: 'Impossible' that rockets were fired from Sinai